It is no secret, Microsoft Teams is where you live and breath as your office quickly shifted to remote work. MS Teams is now the most popular app – apart from Instagram (personally)!
Welcome to the era of Modern Teamwork.
With that being said, the number of Teams created can easily get out of hand as users begin to realize the potential that Microsoft Teams holds. For the IT department, this means Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) Groups will soon become a headache to manage as the number of Groups are growing substantially without any system to govern or control the Groups and the services they are utilizing within this platform.
To avoid this problem, IT Admins could use the tools given by Microsoft 365 Admin Portal such as PowerShell. The downside to this is all Teams creations will have to be approved and managed by your IT department, which may be perceived as a hassle to users and further discourage them from using Teams. (the downsides to this can be it’s own blog post 😉) This is a serious hindrance to end user adoption.
There is, however, a solution I have recently been implementing with my clients. Valo Teamwork.
It has really been a game changer!
- One interface where your employees can browse discoverable Teams and access all the Team and SharePoint Sites they have access to
- Employees can request new Teams – through a centralized order form in MS Teams!
- Teams Templates – create templates for different types of Teams (ie. Projects, Departments) so users don’t waste time setting up Team structures
- Naming policies – so Teams can start to have familiarity and organization
- Ownership to identify every Team owner even specific metadata that connects it to an owner
- Archiving – another level of cleanliness to separate non-active teams from active teams and set it as a read-only state
Bring together all the collaboration tools for employees, while allowing administrators to have full control over the Office Groups’ lifecycle and management.
Still not convinced?
Reach out to me for a demo to see the full set of features in action.